Newbie with Gigablue UHD UE 4K.

• Hi all,

Will Openatv have to be installed in Slot 1 of tne UHD UE 4K?

I.'ve read it's a very large file.

Receiver:

Gigablue UHD 4K UE - 2X DVB-S2 FBC twin tuners + 2 x DVB-S2X twin tuners.

• Hi all,

I have put Openatv into Slot 1, TeamBlue is in Slot 2, & have restored OpenVix to Slot 3, but I still have this problem!?

Does anyone have any ideas please, what is 'Transcoding', could that have anything to do with it?

:/

• No, Transcoding is for streaming. Forwarding is buggy. Use Jumping (Button 3,6,9 oder 1,4,7 for backward) instead.

1 x GB QUAD 4k - Multiboot oATV 7.4, TB 6.4 u. HDF 6.5, HD+ (OsCam), SSD 4TB; 64 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons; unicable
    1 x GB UE 4k - Multiboot oATV 6.4, oPLI 6.3 u. oDroid 6.3, HDD 500 GB; Bild via LAN von Quad 4K; 32 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

Samsung GQ75GN700A; Yamaha RX-A2080; Fritz 6591; Asus XT8; Synology DS1817+

• Hi tfrensch,

Thank you for your reply, but it is not the answer I was hoping for, I have a 10 year old Humax Foxsat HDR+ & an LG 42LV652V TV with satellite tuner and this phenomena does not happen.

Apart from the people who have had the problem with MP4 files added to the machine, has no-one had this problem with recordings/timeshift?

If it is not a software/image problem( it doesn't appear to be at the moment) then it must be hardware. As I have had the machine less than a month if it cannot be resolved I feel I should return the machine as faulty, which is a pity as I like the Enigma2 features.

Thank you to all who have helped an absolute beginner get to grips with understanding Enigma2/Linux Image philosophy, it is much appreciated.

:):thumbup::thumbup:

• Timeshift works absolutely wonderfully.With all images and all boxes. I assume the problem is behind the keyboard. You will have set something wrong.

That the fast forward does not work correctly is a problem that all Enigma images have, it is not a problem with the hardware. That's why you can use the remote control keys to jump in adjustable intervals.

1 x GB QUAD 4k - Multiboot oATV 7.4, TB 6.4 u. HDF 6.5, HD+ (OsCam), SSD 4TB; 64 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons; unicable
    1 x GB UE 4k - Multiboot oATV 6.4, oPLI 6.3 u. oDroid 6.3, HDD 500 GB; Bild via LAN von Quad 4K; 32 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

• What have These Settings to do with timeshift??? What do you want????

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

• HI,

The settings were to show if any of them were wrong.

I found this link that had a similar problem to mine :-

"https://www.gigablue-support.org/gigablueforum/forum/index.php?thread/14547-erledigt-mp4-kann-mit-max-8x-vorgespult-haben/"

My problem is that this phenomena happens on recordings (including Timeshift) I make from certain transponders :- 10758 V; 10891 H; 10906 V; 10936 V Fast forward only goes to x8, Fast rewind doesn't work at all.

On transponders :-

10788 V; 10817 V; 10964 V; All recordings/timeshift from these transponders are perfect- Fast Forward & Fast Rewind work! (just like my Humax Foxsat HDR+!!)

I am gathering that the 2 people who only had this Phenomena on imported MP4 files had a "normal" Fast Forward & Fast Rewind with their own recordings, but I don't.

Please forgive my ignorance of Enigma2 ,I am only asking why it works on some transponders but not on others.

• I do not know. I am not a programmer. I am only a user like you are.

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

• tfrensch,

Thank you for trying to help, it is much appreciated.

The only thing I can think of to do is to restore it to 'Factory default' and test it from there, with no other images or extra installs of plugins including skins etc. Just the basic install.

I will post back here how it goes.

Once again many thanks.

• Do not use the function "Restore factory default", because you will not get, what you expect.

Keep jerky ffw and rev, or change to another system. My VU+ in former time was able to ffw/rev upt to 64 - for a few weeks. Before it was defect, afterwards it was defect, and never got repaired. It is a software feature - so ask IMPEX to repair it via software. We have given up that game, and use instead the keystrokes for jumping.

Grüßle
    Ralf
    ---------------------------------------------
    Gigablue Quad4K-mixed, UE4K, Trio4K, Quad_Plus-SSC, UE_Plus-SC, X2/X3-SC, UltraUE-SC, ...
    Astra 19.2E UniCable & KabelBW, oATV/teamBlue
    (u.a.: DM900uhd,Vu+Duo,AXTriplx, E4HD), PC-DVB-S/C/T, Xtreamer, BDP5200, LG 42R51, Philips 24PFS4022/12, 65OLED855/12 Samsung 933BW,UE32C5700, RPi3+
    ---- Einen Receiver kann sich jeder kaufen - Eine stabile E²-Box muß man sich verdienen! ----

• Just my 2 cents: On my UE 4k the FF/REW do not work correctly in case of MP4 and also WEBM. In all other cases (recordings, etc.) it works fine.

On the other hand side, using the "jump keys" (9/6/3, 7/4/1) is very convenient, so I do not bother....

;)

• Papi2000,

What I meant was to reflash TeamBlue image in Slot 1, with no extras, & remove the images from Slot s 2&3.

Zitat

so ask IMPEX to repair it via software

Do I report this on the IMPEX website or by email?

:/

Guenther,

It was your post of January 6 2021 that made me ask, it's good to know that FF/REW SHOULD be ok to start with!

:)