Newbie with Gigablue UHD UE 4K.

• Newbie with Gigablue UHD UE 4K.

Hi, this is my 1st post so please forgive me if I have not done it correctly. I'm having a little difficulty with setting up my Gigablue STB. I have tuned it in ok(using Gigablue Ultra 24 unicable LNB). It came with Teamblue 6.4 image.(Which I still have loaded)

1st. I wanted to have a look at the different skins preloaded, & chose the 1st one in the list. When I went to change the skin again there was no list of skins visible, even though when I exited it asked me if I wanted reboot to the new(?) skin!?

2nd. I also tried to flash a 2nd (for multiboot) image, it just overwrote the previous Image, so I reloaded Teamblue but when I tried to follow the instructions given on this forum, when I got to the 'Flash Online' page there was no 'Local' option to flash another image.

3rd. When I connect to OpenWebIf, how do I login to the Terminal? ( I have very little experience of FTP).

• Hi Maf1a,

welcome to the bulletin board!

:)

At first I have a small request: If possible, pls be so kind to press your [ENTER] key after some paragraphs in your postings. Then, the readability will increase drastically, I think...

Regarding your problems.

No. 1:

I suppose you selected the "OpenPLI" skin. Sometimes it happens that after choosing this one, it is impossible to fall back to another one. For me it seems to be an error of the skin developer. To solve this, please do the following:

a) Open a terminal session

b) Stop your enigma by issuing the command: init 4

c) Using an editor pls edit the following config file: /etc/enigma2/settings

d) Find the line starting with: config.skin.primary_skin=

e) Delete this line. Save the file and exit the editor.

f) Restart your enigma by issuing the command: init 3

No. 3:

Open Webif can start a terminal session. The user name is: root

The password is empty by default.

No. 2 could be handled later, if still necessary.

• Hello Guenther, thank you for your reply. I have now modified my post & I think it will be much easier to read.

I have opened the terminal in OpenWebif, typed : init 4 & the LCD screen has gone blank but I cannot enter any more text in the terminal.

As I said I have not used FTP very much, what do I need to download to my PC to see the file to edit, it does not show in the Terminal?

I also have now lost my connection to the terminal, & it wont let me back in.

;(

This is my first Enigma2 STB, my old one is a Humax Foxsat HDR

Kind Regards

--

Receiver:

UHD UE 4K - 2X DVB-S2 FBC Twin Tuner with PnP DVB-S2X Tuners

• Hi,

ok, thanks for revising your original post. It's readable now.

"init 4" does not shut down your whole box, but just the enigma2.

Because OpenWebIf works together with enigma2, the terminal program was shut down as well.

Anyhow, don't mind, we can continue the work even w/o enigma2 and OpenWebIf.

But we need to use an FTP program for an easy access to the file system and config files.

Please go here and download the FTP program:

https://www.flashfxp.com/

After the download just install it to your PC. After you succeeded in this, revert to here and let me know.

PS: What is your experience in Linux or computers at all?

• Good morning,

I have restored the Teamblue 6.4 image, it was a Pli skin that locked me out! My use of 'ftp' is limited-some years ago I did host a website & would say I'm competent using a PC(got first one 20 years ago), & can use command line input,.

:thumbup:

I have downloaded flashfxp.com & set up my 1st site, but it appears I need a password to access my box, I can still access it using OpenWebif with just the username, & input 'exit' to log out-is that correct?

:/

• Hi,

ok, thanks for the feedback.

But what is the current status? You said you "restored" the image. Does it mean you can now select another skin, or does it mean you can just operate the box?

Did you just a reboot or a complete restore from stick (or HDD)?

Anyhow, the default password for user "root" is blank. I.e. you can just login via FTP (FlashFXP) by leaving the password field empty.

But first let me know, whether the problem still exists that you cannot select another skin.

• Thats not true. You now have to set an new password! A blank password is not allowed anymore.

1 x GB QUAD 4k - Multiboot oATV 7.4, TB 6.4 u. HDF 6.5, HD+ (OsCam), SSD 4TB; 64 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons; unicable
    1 x GB UE 4k - Multiboot oATV 6.4, oPLI 6.3 u. oDroid 6.3, HDD 500 GB; Bild via LAN von Quad 4K; 32 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

Samsung GQ75GN700A; Yamaha RX-A2080; Fritz 6591; Asus XT8; Synology DS1817+

• For FTP access?

Or for terminal access?

My first FTPs to the box had all been made w/o password.

Of course, once I set one, I could not return to "blank". But my experience was: As long as you do not set a password, the default "blank" can be continued...

(Maybe they changed it under TB 6.4?)

---

Anyhow, if you need to set a password, just enter the terminal from WEBIF and login. On the command line enter passwd and press [Enter]. Then you will be prompted for a new password. This can be used for FTP access as well.

• Hi all,

Yes, I flashed from a USB stick as at the time I didn't know how to exit the terminal.

I still cannot re-select another skin, I changed from Gigablue Pax to Flatliner, now cannot see the list.

Using Flash without password I get :-

[13:14:11] [R] Connecting to GigaBlue uhd ue4k -> IP=192.168.1.133 PORT=21

[13:14:11] [R] Connected to GigaBlue uhd ue4k

[13:14:11] [R] 220 (vsFTPd 3.0.3)

[13:14:11] [R] AUTH SSL

[13:14:11] [R] 530 Please login with USER and PASS.

[13:14:11] [R] Connection failed (Connection closed by client)

I can still login to terminal without a password, I have now set a password with WEBIF , but still cannot access via Flash.

I have setup the Flash site according to "https://www.flashfxp.com/tutorials/creating-a-new-site"

• Hi Maf1a,

understood you reinstalled TB from scratch which is basically ok.

Also we could see that our box requires a password when trying to access it via FTP. Good.

But I cannot quite understand what you did, you wrote:

I can still login to terminal without a password, I have now set a password with WEBIF , but still cannot access via Flash.

Did you set the password or not?

Because if you really set it, you should not be able to login to the terminal w/o password....

And more: Which FTP-type did you specify in FlashFXP? You should leave it as simple "FTP" (not FTP using Explicit SSL (AUTH TLS) as described in the websit above).

I still cannot re-select another skin, I changed from Gigablue Pax to Flatliner, now cannot see the list.

Strange. We can solve this later.

• Hi,

When I changed password I COULD login to terminal, but not Flash because( FTP using Explicit SSL (AUTH TLS) I have now changed it to 'FTP' & i can login & see the files.

I have found the following config file: /etc/enigma2/settings & the line starting with: 'config.skin.primary_skin=' but I have not editted it yet.

I am having difficulty with WEBIF Terminal, when I type 'init 4' & hit 'ENTER' the terminal freezes, I can't enter 'init 3', nor anything else, what am I doing wrong.

Thank you for your help & patience.:thumbup:

• Ok, sounds good.

As I explained above, the WebIf terminal will be disconnected after init 4.

But don't mind.

After the init 4, pls edit the config file, delete the mentioned line.

Next, pls install another terminal program on your PC, which is independent from ENIGMA2. I recommend "SmarTTY":

https://sysprogs.com/SmarTTY/download/

After the installation you must configure your access to your box, which is easy:

Run "Smartty.exe". On the black screen click New Telnet Connection in the bottom line.

Enter your IP adress of the box, then a colon :, then 23

E.g.: 192.168.1.100:23

23 is the standard telnet port.

Then test the connection.

Basically that's it. Login with root and your password, then enter init 3.

Then, your skin should be back to "PAX".

---

To be honest, I have no idea, why others skins are not available, after you seleted (Open)PLI or Flatliner. I am using PAXv.2, and I am happy with it.

I faced the same situation when I tried OpenPLI (by accident, wasn't intended). Then I selected PAX v.2, and there are no probs.

Maybe someone else knows more about this strange skin behaviour...

• The Problem is, that the PLI Skins are corrupt. They don't work, and nobody here is able to delete them from the feed. The Problem is not new. Sorry for that....

Try the Skins from our Skin Developer Örlgrey. They are great and the of course work great....

Der Anfang einer Katastrophe ist eine beschissene Vermutung!

(@EricBogosian als Travis Dane in Alarmstufe: Rot 2)

Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht des Unfähigen. (Foundation Trilogie von Isaac Asimov

amerikanischer Schriftsteller und Biochemiker

* 02.01.1920, † 06.04.1992)

GB UE 4K Sat, GB Trio 4K, Octagon SF8008 Sat, Zgemma S2S, Opticum Twin (3x), AX Triple Box (2x), Golden Media Spark

Fileserver HP XW 8600 16GB RAM 36TB Debian GNU Linux, Desktop HP XW8600 32GB RAM 6TB Arch Linux

• Hi Gunther,

I have installed SmarTTY, input 'init 4', edited the file using Flash, input 'init 3' on smarTTY, & HEY PRESTO back to "PAX". THANK YOU!

Hi msrx111,

You said, 'Try the Skins from our Skin Developer Örlgrey. They are great and the of course work great....' how do I find him, is there a link on this forum?

I'm signing off for today, Windows 10 needs to do a big update.

Once again thank you everybody for all your help. ( be back tomorrow). :: n8

• Der Anfang einer Katastrophe ist eine beschissene Vermutung!

(@EricBogosian als Travis Dane in Alarmstufe: Rot 2)

Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht des Unfähigen. (Foundation Trilogie von Isaac Asimov

amerikanischer Schriftsteller und Biochemiker

* 02.01.1920, † 06.04.1992)

GB UE 4K Sat, GB Trio 4K, Octagon SF8008 Sat, Zgemma S2S, Opticum Twin (3x), AX Triple Box (2x), Golden Media Spark

Fileserver HP XW 8600 16GB RAM 36TB Debian GNU Linux, Desktop HP XW8600 32GB RAM 6TB Arch Linux

• Hola Guenther

Me temo que no soy italiano, soy inglés de Inglaterra, pero yo vivo en Benidorm, España. Solo un principiante en español. Yo tengo mocho más palabras que aprender !!

So I will continue to speak in English. My PC has not downloaded the updates correctly?? Going to try again.

Hi msrx111,

Thank you for the link to the new skins, much appreciated.

• Hola Maf1a,

an Englishman in Spain... Perfect!

Benidorm is located at the Costa Blanca, it must be a very nice and sunny location.

I have been on holiday in Andalusia for many years (near Malaga, near Ronda) and enjoyed so much.

Unfortunately my Spanish is rather bad, so I will contineu in English as well...

;)

Zitat

My PC has not downloaded the updates correctly?? Going to try again.

Sorry, what do you mean?

• Hi, Yes it is quite warm in Benidorm today, right now it is 17 ° at 20:49!!!(But its very quiet due to covid-19 restriction)

Windows 10 is (trying) to automatically download a large update but it has failed twice.

I'm going to leave it live overnight to see if it will download correctly.

::t: