Transcoding support for this box?

• As far as I know does each image support transcoding. What reason do you have to know that?

1 x GB QUAD 4k - Multiboot oATV 7.4, TB 6.4 u. HDF 6.5, HD+ (OsCam), SSD 4TB; 64 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons; unicable
    1 x GB UE 4k - Multiboot oATV 6.4, oPLI 6.3 u. oDroid 6.3, HDD 500 GB; Bild via LAN von Quad 4K; 32 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

Samsung GQ75GN700A; Yamaha RX-A2080; Fritz 6591; Asus XT8; Synology DS1817+

• Every image I tested so far supported transcoding by default. Transcoding is available by default, but it has to be enabled by the user.

Schöne Grüße
    Thomas

Gigablue UHD Quad 4K, TB 6.3 multi | Gigablue UHD UE 4K Kabel, TB 6.4 multi | Gigablue HD Quad+, TB 6.3 SSSC | Gigablue UHD X3 4K, TB 6.3 | DM 800 HD, Newnigma2 4.0.1

Server: Raspberry Pi 3 (Oscam) | Sky auf 1. UM02, Vodafone Premium Kombi auf 2. UM02, HD+ auf HD02 | Selfsat H21dCSS+ Unicable2 | Panasonic TX-58DXX789 | Denon AVR-X2500H,

Fritzbox 6690 | Vodafone CableMax 1.000, natives Dual Stack

• The GB X3 UHD does not have the feature transcoding.

Grüßle
    Ralf
    ---------------------------------------------
    Gigablue Quad4K-mixed, UE4K, Trio4K, Quad_Plus-SSC, UE_Plus-SC, X2/X3-SC, UltraUE-SC, ...
    Astra 19.2E UniCable & KabelBW, oATV/teamBlue
    (u.a.: DM900uhd,Vu+Duo,AXTriplx, E4HD), PC-DVB-S/C/T, Xtreamer, BDP5200, LG 42R51, Philips 24PFS4022/12, 65OLED855/12 Samsung 933BW,UE32C5700, RPi3+
    ---- Einen Receiver kann sich jeder kaufen - Eine stabile E²-Box muß man sich verdienen! ----

• The GB X3 UHD does not have the feature transcoding.

Oh, good to know and thanks for the information.

I tested transcoding with my Quad+, Quad 4K and UE 4K and that worked without any problems and with every image.

But I have to admit that I never tried transcoding with the X3 4K by myself. I assumed that the X3 can also transcode, because this box is newer than my other boxes.

Schöne Grüße
    Thomas

Gigablue UHD Quad 4K, TB 6.3 multi | Gigablue UHD UE 4K Kabel, TB 6.4 multi | Gigablue HD Quad+, TB 6.3 SSSC | Gigablue UHD X3 4K, TB 6.3 | DM 800 HD, Newnigma2 4.0.1

Server: Raspberry Pi 3 (Oscam) | Sky auf 1. UM02, Vodafone Premium Kombi auf 2. UM02, HD+ auf HD02 | Selfsat H21dCSS+ Unicable2 | Panasonic TX-58DXX789 | Denon AVR-X2500H,

Fritzbox 6690 | Vodafone CableMax 1.000, natives Dual Stack

• Oh, good to know and thanks for the information.

I tested transcoding with my Quad+, Quad 4K and UE 4K and that worked without any problems and with every image.

But I have to admit that I never tried transcoding with the X3 4K by myself. I assumed that the X3 can also transcode, because this box is newer than my other boxes.

That was my thought as well.

1 x GB QUAD 4k - Multiboot oATV 7.4, TB 6.4 u. HDF 6.5, HD+ (OsCam), SSD 4TB; 64 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons; unicable
    1 x GB UE 4k - Multiboot oATV 6.4, oPLI 6.3 u. oDroid 6.3, HDD 500 GB; Bild via LAN von Quad 4K; 32 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

Samsung GQ75GN700A; Yamaha RX-A2080; Fritz 6591; Asus XT8; Synology DS1817+

• Sorry, but there is no advertised transcoding for that extra cheap model including FBC-Tuner. So the chipset haas reduced functionality, also as reduced hardware (display, readers, slots, ...). What did you expext? Many advertised things never come for some boxes, or only run several month, and never get fixed again. And that not advertised thing has to be there? I can't understand, what you expext? Where did you find, that the box is capable of transcoding? I think, GigaBlue is not responsible what you are thinking.

Grüßle
    Ralf
    ---------------------------------------------
    Gigablue Quad4K-mixed, UE4K, Trio4K, Quad_Plus-SSC, UE_Plus-SC, X2/X3-SC, UltraUE-SC, ...
    Astra 19.2E UniCable & KabelBW, oATV/teamBlue
    (u.a.: DM900uhd,Vu+Duo,AXTriplx, E4HD), PC-DVB-S/C/T, Xtreamer, BDP5200, LG 42R51, Philips 24PFS4022/12, 65OLED855/12 Samsung 933BW,UE32C5700, RPi3+
    ---- Einen Receiver kann sich jeder kaufen - Eine stabile E²-Box muß man sich verdienen! ----

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Papi2000 ()

• Sorry, but there is no advertised transcoding for that extra cheap model including FBC-Tuner. So the chipset haas reduced functionality, also as reduced hardware (display, readers, slots, ...). What did you expext? Many advertised things never come for some boxes, or only run several month, and never get fixed again. And that not advertised thing has to be there? I can't understand, what you expext? Where did you find, that the box is capable of transcoding? I think, GigaBlue is not responsible what you are thinking.

Sorry but I have to blame GigaBlue for that because launch new "cheap" models (which are not because I paid € 160 for mine) for such a competitive market and with such a weak processor just to reach sales ... but this is the wrong way ..

just look at Octagon, for example, half-price models with super-fast processors and up to current requirements ...

But it's just my opinion, it's worth it ...

• You can also find cheaper Gigablue STBs with transcoding. F.e. Trio4k or IP4k. They are also working with Hislicon processor as like Octagon. You can not compare octagon stbs with x3 4k.

It is better to check what you need and what you can get before you buy a product.

But it is always easier to say it is not my fault.

• yes i know that..but I thought that a new product would have recent technology, suitable for the present and projected for the future, as most other brands do, but I was wrong.

Of course the mistake was mine, I bought without checking features.

They are opinions and everyone has their own, I respect that.

Best Regards

• You can also find cheaper Gigablue STBs with transcoding. F.e. Trio4k or IP4k. They are also working with Hislicon processor as like Octagon. You can not compare octagon stbs with x3 4k.

It is better to check what you need and what you can get before you buy a product.

But it is always easier to say it is not my fault.

Hi reydon,

i got a IP4K and its using xtrend transcoding ! So its not transcoding via Port 8002.