Nach Image wechsel auf 6.4 Teamblue, kein Zugriff aufs Heimnetz mit Absturz

• As you can see in the picture the "host name" field it is not pre-filled and I'm not sure what to put there.

I wouldn't want to risk setting a wrong mount and in the English manual I couldn't find an answer,

so I hope to find it here, in the Gigablue and TeamBlue support forum.

Being the share on Win 7 pro 64, will I have to put "vers=2.0" in the mounto options or 1.0 or just rw?

Thanks.

Wrong keys in display are typical related to wrong encoding settings for the appearance of web pages in the browser or at least in wrong keyboard layout while typing. You press "y", and a "z" appears, then it is english layout, but german setting (or vice versa).

I paid more attention and I saw that it is a matter of how quick I type. If I do it at my normal speed many letters get lost, if I type slower than I would normally do everything it is ok.

I thought of some sort of an auto spell checker. When I typed the third line of this post I definitely saw that as soon as I typed "So", it reverted to just "S" and had to type the "o" again. That's weird.

I saw that my name "fabiospark" was shown in the avatar as "fabio park". After I changed page now it is showing correctly. Thats weird too.

This doesn't happen with any other site I visited so it is not my PC nor my keyboard, I think.

Thanks.

• Sorry, but in your pictures I can't see any thing clear. It looks like I lost my glasses, and also it's not the complete screen.

You can aquire screenshots by typing the IP_OF_YOUR_BOX into the adress line of your browser. There you will find a button screenshot, and if you check "High resolution", the picture can be saved in good quality, and served here as attachment.

Usually as hostname the is the recognized share prefilled. But as far as I could see an told you - do not use a space / blank character in the sharename.

I'm missing the line with the share name in your above (also unsharp) screenshot. That might be related to the same problem: sharename on the server...

Zitat

The rules for File service share names are more restrictive than what is prescribed by the SMB protocol for SMB share names, so that the Blob and File services can share similar naming conventions for containers and shares. The naming restrictions for shares are as follows:

• A share name must be a valid DNS name.
    • Share names must start with a letter or number, and can contain only letters, numbers, and the dash (-) character.
    • Every dash (-) character must be immediately preceded and followed by a letter or number; consecutive dashes are not permitted in share names.
    • All letters in a share name must be lowercase.
    • Share names must be from 3 through 63 characters long.

(Source: Naming and referencing shares, directories, files, and metadata - Azure Files | Microsoft Docs)

Grüßle
    Ralf
    ---------------------------------------------
    Gigablue Quad4K-mixed, UE4K, Trio4K, Quad_Plus-SSC, UE_Plus-SC, X2/X3-SC, UltraUE-SC, ...
    Astra 19.2E UniCable & KabelBW, oATV/teamBlue
    (u.a.: DM900uhd,Vu+Duo,AXTriplx, E4HD), PC-DVB-S/C/T, Xtreamer, BDP5200, LG 42R51, Philips 24PFS4022/12, 65OLED855/12 Samsung 933BW,UE32C5700, RPi3+
    ---- Einen Receiver kann sich jeder kaufen - Eine stabile E²-Box muß man sich verdienen! ----

• Sorry about the pictures. I used the code for the "thumbnail and link to the original" (so said the hosting site) but it didn't work as expected.

Here is the full image.

In the meantime I entered "desk-i7" as host name and it worked. I could browse my PC share and watch a video from there.

I didn't try anything else so I don't know if that field value is anything else than a description.

Dear papi, let me say it again: I really appreciate your help and patience and should you or anybody else ever need my help (make a test with my setup, share my configs, anything else) I'll be happy to spend my time for that.

A couple of notes to the administrators:

1 - I subscribed to this thread but I never got a mail notification when a new post was published. I had to periodically check by myself.
    2- If I start a line with the letter "E" it gets automatically reverted to "AND". If I start with "e" instead it reverts to "And".

I think what causes THIS is the cause of my mentioned problems with my text typing in this forums.

Thank you.

fabio

• Compare to Post Number 8…. There are still some Arguments missing:

Options: rw,vers=2.0

And PLEASE Use WebIf to make pictures!!!!

1 x GB QUAD 4k - Multiboot oATV 7.4, TB 6.4 u. HDF 6.5, HD+ (OsCam), SSD 4TB; 64 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons; unicable
    1 x GB UE 4k - Multiboot oATV 6.4, oPLI 6.3 u. oDroid 6.3, HDD 500 GB; Bild via LAN von Quad 4K; 32 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

Samsung GQ75GN700A; Yamaha RX-A2080; Fritz 6591; Asus XT8; Synology DS1817+

• Bound

Compare to Post Number 8…. There are still some Arguments missing:

Options: rw,vers=2.0

And PLEASE Use WebIf to make pictures!!!!

Yes, when I completed the mount I added the "vers=2.0". Sorry I didn't mention it.

The wiki though says nothing about adding a version number in the mount options. If it it important or decisive I think it should be added.

And yes, after papi told me, now I know I can use WebIf to take screen shots and I'll do.

Thank you.

• And? Does it work now?

1 x GB QUAD 4k - Multiboot oATV 7.4, TB 6.4 u. HDF 6.5, HD+ (OsCam), SSD 4TB; 64 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons; unicable
    1 x GB UE 4k - Multiboot oATV 6.4, oPLI 6.3 u. oDroid 6.3, HDD 500 GB; Bild via LAN von Quad 4K; 32 GB USB3 für TS, XPicons

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

• And? Does it work now?

Yes. I already said in post #19 that updating to the last image fixed the problem.

After that I asked for your advice about what to write into the "host name" and "mount options" because I couldn't find an explanation in the manual nor in the wiki.

Now I can see and reach the HDDs shared in all the PCs on the LAN and from the PCs I can reach the box with WebIf and with windows explorer with the address: \\box Ip\Harddisk.

From Win ten 64 home I can even double click on to the network note with the name of the box and the Harddisk folder appears.

From Win 7 pro 64 instead I still can see the same node but if I double click on it it doesn't open and appears a message that tells the it was not reachable.

Does anybody know what is the equivalent of the DNS in a Win 7 PC? I mean: if I can reach it with the IP address and not by its name

there must be some table somewhere that should keep the relations between them: doesn't it?

Thanks and sorry for not stating in big letters that the problem was solved.

f.

• Ok, closed.

2 Quads als Überbleibsel

• tfrensch

Hat das Thema geschlossen